[Transcribed and edited information from The Victoria County History series- 1932]
"ALWALTON, the parish of Alwalton lies in the extreme north of the old county of Huntingdonshire, separated from Peterbrough and Northamptonshire by the River Nene. The sub-soil is mainly Oxford clay with some Cornbrash and Great Oolite limestone. A petrifying spring rises in the parish. A stone known as "Alwalton Marble", formed of blocks of hard blue limestone, is found on the banks of the Nene.
A medieval sourcebook of Alwalton Manor in AD 1279 describes the area at that time.
The parish was inclosed by a private Act of Parliament in 1805. There were some boundary changes in 1956 when parts were exchanged with Castor ancient parish in the Soke of Peterborough.
The village lies a quarter of a mile east of the Great North Road, and about 2 miles from Orton Waterville. In Roman times, a building of some kind was at Alwalton because various coins and pieces of pottery have been found. The manor house, now a farmhouse not far from the church, was built about 1600. The south-west wing of this house was destroyed by fire about 1789. "