GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Huntingdonshire Huntingdonshire   NeighboursNearby places

ALWALTON

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"ALWALTON, a parish in the hundred of Normancross, in the county of Huntingdon, 4 miles to the south-west of Peterborough, and 3 from the Wansford railway station. The river Non passes through it. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £200, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Peterborough. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. The Norman and early English styles are found singularly combined in the body of the church. It has a decorated chancel, and a fine porch. Alwalton once belonged to the monks of Peterborough. The parochial charities amount to £5. Alwalton Castle is the chief residence."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010

Cemeteries

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Civil Registration

Gazetteers

Maps

Names (Geographical)

Poorhouses and Poor Law Etc

Population

This page was originally generated by Ian Argall maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014