[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"BRINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Leightonstone, in the county of Huntingdon, 5 miles to the north of Kimbolton. It lies on the confines of Northamptonshire. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, of the value with the curacies of Bythorn and Old Weston annexed, of £492, in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Clare Hall, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to All Saints."
The full 1841 Census of Brington Parish is available as fiche set C102.
The full 1851 Census of Brington Parish is available as fiche set C52.
A surname index of the 1881 Census of the Thrapston Registration District of Northamptonshire, in which Brington was enumerated (RG11/1583, Folios 23b - 26b), and which took place on 3rd April 1881, is available as Fiche C1.
A full transcription of the 1891 Census of the Huntingdonshire (Miscellaneous Parishes) Registration District (Sub-Districts of Thrapston (NTH), Oundle (NTH), Stamford (LIN) and Caxton (CAM)) in which Brington was enumerated, and which took place on 5th April 1891, available as fiche set C16 .
The church of All Saints consists of a chancel, nave, west tower and south porch. The walls are coursed rubble with stone dressings, but those of the tower are of ashlar. The roofs are covered in tiles and lead.
The church is not mentioned in the Domesday survey of 1086 but is recorded elsewhere in 1178. The 12th century church evidently consisted of a chancel and an aisle-less nave, the former being rebuilt in the 13th century and the latter about 1330. The western tower and spire were added about 1370, and the porch a few years later. The chancel was again rebuilt and the rood-stairs added about the middle of the 15th century; probably at the same time, the nave walls were heightened and a new roof put on. The nave roof was renewed again in 1674, and some repairs were done to the chancel in the following year.
The church was restored in 1868 when the chancel was re-roofed with a high-pitched roof and the walls heightened.
Brington was in the Thrapston Registration District of Northamptonshire from 1st July 1837, but it subsequently came under the Raunds sub-District of Thrapston. In 1935, the parish was transferred to the Spaldwick sub-District. It is now part of the Huntingdon Registration District.