[Transcribed and edited information from The Victoria County History series- 1932]
"BURY AND HEPMANGROVE under the name of Bury-cum-Hepmangrove, appear to have originally been separate manors but were united for cetain purposes before the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1538.
The parish lies to the south of Ramsey and is of a very irregular shape, projecting a considerable distance into the fen on the east side of the road from Ramsey to St Ives. The land rises on both sides of the Brook which runs through the parish from north-east to south-west from 16 ft. above ordnance datum at the Brook to 66 ft. on the north-east side, and 50 ft. on the south-west. All of the fenland and much of the highland is ploughed. The soil is a strong black loam and the sub-soil is clay. The main crops are wheat, oats, beans and peas on the highland, and potatoes, celery, sugar-beet and ordinary cereals on the fenland.
Originally, Bury was a chapelry of Wistow but by 1178 it became the parish with Wistow as its chapelry. (However, Wistow regained its separate identity by 1351). Bury also gained Upwood, and Little Raveley until a separate eccesiastical parish was formed in 1746. Bury also gained part of Ramsey parish in the 16th century at the Dissolution.
Hepmangrove seems originally to have been connected with the Ramsey parish, and the Brook running through the village of Bury formed the boundary between it and Bury. From the deeds relating to the tenaments and lands situated within its boundaries, before the Dissolution, it appears to have been a populous suburb of Ramsey. Both Bury and Hepmangrove lay within the Baulieu.
Bury and Hepmangrove now forms one village. They still retain several 17th century half-timbered thatched or tiled cottages, some of which have been refaced with brick, but most of the houses are of brick with slate or tiles roofs. The former ancient stone bridge of one arch which crossed the Brook was replaced in 1925 by a wider bridge. The north-west side of the bridge is in Hepmangrove, in which the greater part of the village lies. The former Railway Station of Ramsey was in Bury parish. "