"COLNE, a parish in the hundred of Hurstingstone, in the county of Huntingdon, 5½ miles north-east of St. Ives. It was a chapelry to Amersham, and belonged to the Drurys. It was given by Edward III. to his kinswoman, Lady Wake. The living is a curacy annexed to the rectory* of Somersham, in the diocese of Ely. The tithes are appropriated to the Regius Professor of Divinity in the University of Cambridge. The church is an ancient structure in the early English style, dedicated to St. Helen. It has several stained-glass windows, and contains an ancient piscina, and the remains of a brass attributed to the reign of Henry III. In 1844 a large fire destroyed a great part of the village. George Day, Esq., is lord of the manor."