GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
    Huntingdonshire Huntingdonshire   NeighboursNearby places


[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"EASTON, a parish in the hundred of Leightonstone, county Huntingdon, 7 miles west of Huntingdon, and 4 north-east of Kimbolton, its post town. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely, value £68, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The charities amount to about £90 per annum, and are distributed to the poor three times in the year. The Wesleyans have a chapel. The Duke of Manchester is lord of the manor."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010




Church History

Church Records

Civil Registration

Description and Travel



Military History

Names (Geographical)

Poorhouses and Poor Law Etc


This page was originally generated by Ian Argall maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010

This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014