GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Huntingdonshire Huntingdonshire   NeighboursNearby places

ELLINGTON

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"ELLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Leightonstone, county Huntingdon, 5 miles west of Huntingdon, and 6 north-east of Kimbolton, its post town. A small tributary of the river Ouse passes through the parish. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely, value £170, in the patronage of St. Peter's College, Cambridge. The church is a handsome edifice, dedicated to All Saints. There are charities for the church and poor, producing nearly £60 per annum. The Baptists have a chapel. The Rev. Frederick Beadon is lord of the manor."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010

Cemeteries

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Civil Registration

Description and Travel

Gazetteers

Maps

Military History

Names (Geographical)

Poorhouses and Poor Law Etc

Population

This page was originally generated by Ian Argall maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014