[Transcribed information from Stephen Whatley's Gazetteer of England - 1750] (unless otherwise stated)
"ELTON, (Huntingdonshire) with its Hall, Mill and Park, are on the N. E. side of the Nen, near Fotheringhay-Castle. 'Twas the seat of the ancient family of the Sapcotes, who had a beautiful private chapel here, built by the Lady Eliz. Dinham, Baron Fitzwarren's widow, who married into this family. It now bel. to the Probys; a lady of which family has erected and endowed a ch. sc. here."