[Transcribed and edited information from The Victoria County History series- 1932]
"EYNESBURY, the parish of Eynesbury in the year 1086 probably included the present civil parishes of St Neots Urban, St Neots Rural, Eynesbury and Eynesbury Hardwick, and possibly Abbotsley. The parish of St Neots (q.v.) was separated after 1113 when one of the manors of Eynesbury was granted to the Priory of St. Neots; the final division of the tithes being made in 1204. Abbotsley (q.v.) became a separate parish in about 1138.
These arrangements divided the parish of Eynesbury into two separate portions. In 1876 the village of Eynesbury and part of the parish were included in the district controlled by the Local Board of St Neots. A further rearrangement was made in 1895 under the Local Government Act of 1894, when Eynesbury was divided into two civil parishes. The portion under the Local Board, containing 394 acres (now called the civil parish of Eynesbury), is included in St Neots Urban District, and the remainder, containing 2641 acres of land lying in two detached portions, and 8 acres of water, forms the civil parish of Eynesbury Hardwick.
The parish of Eynesbury is separated from St Neots by the Hen Brook, over which there is a bridge between the town and the village and which was apparently built about 1540. The River Ouse forms the western boundary and the boundary of the old county of Huntingdonshire forms its southern boundary. The land which is mainly arable rises eastwards from the Ouse. The soil is clay and loam, and the sub-soil is Oxford clay. The parish was inclosed by Act of Parliament in 1797.
The village of Eynesbury is now a suburb of St Neots. "