"EYNESBURY, a parish in the hundred of Toseland, county Huntingdon, half a mile south of St. Neot's, its post town, and railway station on the Great Northern line. It is situated on the banks of the river Ouse, across which there is a bridge. The place is of considerable antiquity, and is believed to have been the site of a Roman encampment. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment under an Enclosure Act obtained in 1797. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £429. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a National school. The Earl of Sandwich is lord of the manor."