GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
    Huntingdonshire Huntingdonshire   NeighboursNearby places


[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"FEN-STANTON, a parish in the hundred of Toseland, county Huntingdon, 2 miles south of St. Ive's, its post town and railway station on the Great Eastern line. It is situated on the Cambridge and Huntingdon main road, and includes the hamlet of Hilton. The St. Ive's gasworks are in this parish. There is a clock in the main street of the town believed to be about 200 years old. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value with the curacy of Hilton annexed, £320, in the patronage of Trinity Hall, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The Baptists have two chapels, and there are National and British schools for both sexes. The Rev. L. R. Brown is lord of the manor."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010




Church History

Church Records

Civil Registration

Description and Travel



Military History

Names (Geographical)

Poorhouses and Poor Law Etc


This page was originally generated by Ian Argall maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010

This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014