[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"FLETTON, a parish in the hundred of NORMAN-CROSS, county of HUNTINGDON, 1 mile (S. by E.) from Peterborough, containing 159 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, hi the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £9. 3. 9. The Earl of Carysfort was patron in 1798. The church is dedicated to St. Margaret. In digging a well hi this parish, in the year ] 739, fossil shells and wood were found at the depth of thirty feet."