[Transcribed and edited information from The Victoria County History series- 1932]
"GREAT CATWORTH, the civil parish of Great Catworth has, since 1885, included the hamlet of Little Catworth which, for ecclesiastical purposes, remains in the parish of Stow Longa (Long Stow) and, for jurisdictional purposes is partly in the Soke of Kimbolton and partly in the Soke of Spaldwick. The ground rises from the Ellington Brook, forming the northern boundary of the parish, where it is about 100 ft. above sea-level, to about 250 ft. on the southern boundary.
The village lies in the middle of the parish of Catworth, and is on the road from Kimbolton to Thrapston. The church is in the middle of the village and near to it is the Rectory house and the old village school, with some 17th and 18th century hourses about. Indications of a homestead moat a little to the south-west of the church, possibly marks the site of the manor house. Two roads, the northern one of which is called Church Lane to which reference is made in 1545, branch west from the church.
An inclosure Act for Little Catworth was passed in 1780 affecting 800 acres of common fields which were partly in Great Catworth and partly in Stow Longa. Another Act in 1795 for Great Catford affected another 2000 acres. The civil parish of Great Catworth was abolish in 1885 to help create Catworth civil parish, which was formed from Great and Little Catworth. "