[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"GREAT STAUGHTON, a parish comprisiag the divisions of North Side and South Side, in the hundred of TOSELAND, county of HUNTINGDON, 3 miles (S.E. by S.) from Kimbolton, and containing 1173 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £20, and in the patronage of the President and Fellows of St. John's College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. There are two small bequests in support of a school, by Elizabeth Conyers, in 1709, and John Poachby, in 1727."