[Transcribed information from Stephen Whatley's Gazetteer of England - 1750] (unless otherwise stated)
"GREAT STUKELEY, (and Little Stuxeley)(Huntingdonshire) on the Ermin-Street, N. W. of Huntington. The former bel. to Mr. Torkington, the latter to Mr. Bigg. The Stukeleys, one of the ancientest families in those parts, had their seat at the former, which has the advantage of the N. road. It was anciently called Stivecle, or Stiff-clay, from the nature of the soil."