[Transcribed and edited information from The Victoria County History series- 1932]
"GREAT STUKELEY, the parish of Great Stukeley lies in the centre of the county, adjoining Huntingdon on the south. The land is low-lying and fertile. Towards the south-west where Alconbury brook forms part of the boundary, the pasture land is liable to flood, the highset land being to the north-east.
The parish is mainly arable land, the soil being clay, but there is a small amount of woodland; the principal crops being wheat, barley and beans.
The scattered village lies on both sides of Ermine Street, the Roman road which crosses the parish from Peterbrough to Huntingdon. The village is divided into three districts. Church End, with the church, vicarage, school, Wesleyan chapel and some houses and cottages form the more westerly portion. Owl End to the north-east, bordering on Stukeley Hall and park and some farms; further to the north-east is Prestley Wood in which there is a moated enclosure marking the site of Prestley Manor. To the south is Green End comprising the main housing area.
In 1935, the civil parish was abolished; part of the parish went to Huntingdon, and a new parish called "The Stukeleys" was created with Little Stukeley."