GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Huntingdonshire Huntingdonshire   NeighboursNearby places

HADDON

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"HADDON, a parish in the hundred of Norman Cross, county Huntingdon, 8 miles south-west of Peterborough, and 3 north-west of Stilton, its post town. It is situated near the Great North road on the borders of Northamptonshire. It is of small extent and wholly agricultural, extending between Billingbrook and Ermine Street. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £365. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a small ancient structure with tower. There is a parochial school chiefly supported by the rector."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010

Cemeteries

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Civil Registration

Description and Travel

Gazetteers

Maps

Military History

Names (Geographical)

Poorhouses and Poor Law Etc

Population

This page was originally generated by Ian Argall maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014