[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"HAIL-WESTON, a parish in the hundred of Toseland, county Huntingdon, 2 mules north-west of St. Neot's, its post town, and the same distance south-east of Kimbolton. The village, which is small, is situated near the river Ouse, and there are several mineral springs in the parish. The soil is clay and gravel. The living is a vicarage united with the vicarage of Southoe, in the diocese of Ely. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is a small plain structure, with an old wooden building at the west end, containing three bells. The Particular Baptists have a chapel. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge. Richard Reynolds, Esq., is lord of the manor."
The full 1841 Census of Hail Weston Parish is available as fiche set C108.
The full 1851 Census of Hail Weston Parish is available as fiche set C58.
A surname index of the 1881 Census of the St. Neots Registration District, in which Hail Weston was enumerated (RG11/1612, Folios 101a - 108b), and which took place on 3rd April 1881, is available as Fiche C5 .
A full transcription of the 1891 Census of the Kimbolton Registration District (RG12/1243) in which Hail Weston was enumerated, and which took place on 5th April 1891, is available as fiche set C14.
The church of St. Nicholas consists of a chancel, nave, timber west tower and a modern south porch. The walls are of pebble rubble with stone dressings, and the roofs are covered with tiles.
The church, which was a chapelry of Southoe until the second half of the 20th century, appears to have been originally built in the 13th century. The greater part of the east wall being rebuilt at the end of the 15th century; the south wall of the nave was built in the 16th century, when the tower was also built. The church was completely restored in 1884 when a north porch was pulled down and the present south porch built.
The church now forms part of a united benefice with Great Staughton.