GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Huntingdonshire Huntingdonshire   NeighboursNearby places

HAMERTON

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"HAMERTON, a parish in the hundred of Leightonstone, county Huntingdon, 10 miles north-west of Huntingdon, its post town, and the same distance south-west of Oundle. It is situated on the Alconbury brook. The parish is wholly agricultural, and most of the inhabitants are engaged on the farms. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £445. The church, dedicated to All Saints, has a square tower, formerly surmounted by a spire, which was destroyed by lightning. J. 0. Smith Barry, Esq., is lord of the manor."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010

Cemeteries

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Civil Registration

Description and Travel

Gazetteers

Maps

Names (Geographical)

Poorhouses and Poor Law Etc

Population

This page was originally generated by Ian Argall maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014