[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"HOLYWELL CUM NEEDINGWORTH, a parish in the hundred of HURSTINGSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 2 miles (E. by S.) from St. Ives, containing, with the hamlet of Needingworth, 782 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £30. 6. 3. The Duke of- Manchester was patron in 1804. The church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, stands on a hill, at the foot of which is a spring of clear and excellent water, called the Holy Well, formerly held in great veneration, but now neglected. The river Ouse runs through the parish."
"NEEDINGWORTH, a chapelry in the parish of HOLYWELL CUM NEEDINGWORTH, hundred of HURSTINGSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 2 miles (E. byN.) from St. Ives. The population is returned with the parish. The chapel, which was dedicated to St. James, has been demolished. There is a place of worship for Baptists."