The full 1841 Census of Huntingdon and its Parishes is available as fiche set C101.
The full 1851 Census of Huntingdon and its Parishes is available as fiche set C51.
A surname index of the 1881 Census of the Huntingdon Registration District, in which Huntingdon
(St John) was enumerated (RG11/1604, Folios 35a - 73b), and which took place on 3rd April 1881,
is available as fiche set C3.
A full transcription of the 1891 Census of the Huntingdon Registration District (RG12/1237) in
which Huntingdon (St John) parish was enumerated, and which took place on 5th April 1891, is
available as fiche set C9.
The church of St. John the Baptist no longer exists. It originally stood on the south side of
Ferrar House in the High Street. From bequests in Wills, it appears that the church had a chancel,
nave and two aisle - one of which was called the "chauntry ylde". There are mentions of the lights
of the Holy Sepulchre, St.Etheldreda and St. John, and the images of the Blessed Virgin, St. John
and St. Crassius (Pancras?). There are also references to the painting of the rood loft. A part of
the churchyard still remains.
The living became crown property at the Dissolution (c.1538), and a scheme was finally approved
for uniting it with
All Saints in 1667. The church building suffered in the Civil War and was
pulled down between 1651 and 1660 by Sylvester Bedell.
Eight of Oliver Cromwell's (the Lord Protector of England during the period 1649-1660) children
were baptised in St John's.
See also Huntingdon
Indexed Transcript of Marriages 1586-1660 and (with All Saints) 1679-1838, with extracts of
Baptisms 1586-1680 and (with All Saints) 1678-1783, and Burials 1589-1681 and (with All Saints)
1678-1783 are on Search Room shelves (covers all four Huntingdon parishes).