[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"KING'S RIPTON, a parish in the hundred of Hurstingstone, county Hunts, 2 miles north-east of Huntingdon. The village is small and wholly agricultural. This place takes the affix of "King's" to distinguish it from Abbot's Ripton, which parish it adjoins. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £179. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is an ancient edifice with a square tower, and was fully restored in 1864. There is a free school supported by the rector. The master and fellows of Magdalene College, Cambridge, are lords of the manor.
The full transcription of the 1841 Census of Kings Ripton Parish is available as fiche set C110
The full 1851 Census of Kings Ripton Parish is available as fiche set C60.
A surname index of the 1881 Census of the Huntingdon Registration District, in which Kings Ripton was enumerated (RG11/1604, Folios 113a - 117b), and which took place on 3rd April 1881, is available as fiche set C3.
A full transcription of the 1891 Census of the Huntingdon Registration District (RG12/1237) in which Kings Ripton was enumerated, and which took place on 5th April 1891, is available as fiche set C9.
The church of St Peter consists of a chancel, nave, north aisle, west tower and south porch. The walls are chiefly of rubble with stone dressings, but those of the chancel are largely refaced with brick. The roofs are of tiles and slates.
Although not specifically mentioned in the Domesday survey, the church is without doubt one of the two churches recorded under the manor of Hartford. Of this building, however, nothing remains; the earliest part of the present church is the south wall of the nave - probably of the 13th century - and the north and east walls of the chancel dating from late in the same century. In the 14th century, a north aisle was built, the nave walls were raised and a clearstory added, The south wall of the chancel was rebuilt early in the 15th century and, a little later, the west tower was built. The porch was built early in the 16th century.