"KING'S RIPTON, a parish in the hundred of Hurstingstone, county Hunts, 2 miles north-east of Huntingdon. The village is small and wholly agricultural. This place takes the affix of "King's" to distinguish it from Abbot's Ripton, which parish it adjoins. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £179. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is an ancient edifice with a square tower, and was fully restored in 1864. There is a free school supported by the rector. The master and fellows of Magdalene College, Cambridge, are lords of the manor.