[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"LEIGHTON BROMSWOLD, a parish in the hundred of LEIGHTONSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 5 miles (N. by E.) from Kimbolton, containing 446 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Prebendary of Leighton in the Cathedral Church of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £7. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."