"LITTLE GIDDING, a parish in the hundred of Leightonstone, county Huntingdon, 1 mile south-east of Great Gidding, and 6 south-west of Stilton, its post town. A nunnery upon Protestant principles was founded here by Nicholas Ferrars in 1625, but did not exist many years. The parish is of small extent, and the soil clayey. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. The living is a rectory in the dioc, of Ely, value £126, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church is a small edifice of brick, dedicated to St. John; a west front of stone was added in 1814. It has tombs of the Ferrars family.