[Transcribed and edited information from The Victoria County History series- 1932]
"LITTLE RAVELEY, the parish consists of clay land, most of which is agricultural. The land is fairly level being for the great part a little more than 100 ft. above sea level. There was once a considerable stretch of woodland along the south-west border of the parish. Raveley Wood within the parish has disappeared but its name is preserved in a farm, but Wennington Wood, just outside Abbots Ripton parish, still exists.
The village lies on the winding road from Broughton to Great Raveley at a point where a branch road goes westward to Wennington and Abbots Ripton. It consists only of the church and a few farm houses and cottages, together with some council houses.
Little Raveley was originally a chapel in Wistow Ancient Parish until 1351 whence it was trasferred to Bury Ancient Parish. It became a separate eccelsiastical parish in 1746. The civil parish was abolished in 1935 to help create the Upwood and the Raveleys civil parish."