"LUDDINGTON, (Luddington in the brook) a parish partly in the hundred of Polebrook, county Northampton, and partly in that of Leightonstone, county Huntingdon, 5 miles south-east of Oundle, its post town, and 8 north-east of Thrapston. It is a small rustic place. The tithes, with certain exceptions, were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1807. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Peterborough, value £150. The church is dedicated to St. Margaret. The charities are shared with the parish of Hemington.