"MOLESWORTH, a parish in the hundred of Leightonstone, county Huntingdon, 5 miles north-west of Kimbolton, and 11 west of Huntingdon. Thrapstone is its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is situated near Molesworth Wold, and gives name to the Molesworths of Swords and Pencarrow. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1800, with the exception of a small portion since commuted for a rent-charge of £33 14s. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £228, in the patronage of the Bishop of Chester. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is an ancient edifice with a tower. The charities produce about £27 per annum, which is distributed annually amongst the poor. Benjamin Welstead, Esq., is lord of the manor."