[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"MORBORNE, a parish in the hundred of Norman Cross, county Huntingdon, 2 miles north-west of Stilton, its pest town, and 6 south-west of Peterborough. The parish, which is of small extent, is situated near Morborn-Thorns, on the borders of Northamptonshire, and is wholly agricultural. About half the land is arable, and the remainder, with the exception of a small portion of woodland, pasture and meadow. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £164 14s. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £271. The church is an ancient edifice with a tower. R. E. D. Shafto, Esq., is lord of the manor.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013