[Transcribed and edited information from The Victoria County History series- 1932]
"MORBORNE, this small parish which is bounded on the east by the Ermine Street, and lies between Haddon on the north, and Folksworth on the south. It is a long strip in shape, marrowing from about one mile across at its western limit to about half a mile at its eastern. A road runs through the village from east to west, from which another road runs south to Folksworth.
The land lies mostly between 75 ft. and 100 ft. above sea-level, but rises to 200 ft at the south-west corner. It is liable to floods near Billing Brook. The soil and sub-soil are clay, and the chief crops grown are wheat, barley, beans and peas.
The village is in the centre of the parish and the church stands at the eastern end of it. South of it, and west of the Folksworth road, is Manor Farm where there is a late 17th century house and a fragmentary moat which probably surrounded the manor house of earlier date.
Two Tumuli stand on the west side of Ermine Street, about one and a quarter miles east of the church; one is circular and the other is rectangular.
In 1965 boundary changes expanded its area slightly with gains from Warmington in Northamptonshire. "