"OFFORD CLUNY, (or Offord Cluney) a parish in the hundred of Toseland, county Huntingdon, 3½ miles south by west of Huntingdon, its post town, and the same distance north-east of St. Neot's. It is a station on the Great Northern railway. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the eastern bank of the river Ouse, and is wholly agricultural. Offord Cluney was called Ottanford by the Saxons. The soil consists of clay and gravel. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment under an Enclosure Act in 1801. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £370, in the patronage of the Bishop of Peterborough. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The interior contains two piscinas. The parochial charities, including 4 acres of land, produce about £20 per annum, of which £4 goes to the National school. The Dean and Chapter of Westminster and the rector are lords of the manor. Dr. Newcome, late master of St. John's College, Cambridge, was once rector of this parish.