"OFFORD-DARCY, a parish in the hundred of Toseland, county Huntingdon, 4½ miles north-east of St. Neot's. Huntingdon is its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the eastern bank of the river Ouse, and is chiefly agricultural. The Great North road passes about two miles distant. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £42 12s. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £195. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is an ancient structure, containing a piscina and monuments of the Nailours, who held the manor, and some old brasses, one of which bears date 1400. There is a Sunday-school. The Baptists have a place of worship."