"SAWTRY ALL SAINTS, a parish in the hundred of Norman Cross, county Huntingdon, 3 miles south of Stilton. The village, which is considerable, is situated on the road to York. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. About half the land is arable, and the remainder rich meadow and fenny pasture. The soil is a strong clay. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment under an Enclosure Act in 1804. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £189. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient structure, with a tower and a low spire. It contains three ancient stalls, and the brass of a knight bearing date 1404. There are National schools, built in 1840.