[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"SAWTRY JUDITH, an extra parochial place, in the hundred of Norman Cross, county Huntingdon, 4 miles south-east of Stilton. It was formerly a separate parish, but is now annexed to Sawtry All Saints. A Cistercian abbey was founded here in 1146 by Simeon de St. Liz, Earl of Northampton, which flourished till the Dissolution, when its revenue was returned at £141 3s. 8d., and the site given to the Cromwells. It includes a large tract of woodland, chiefly oak, called Monks' Wood. The church has long been demolished. Roman urns and other antiquities were found here in 1772.
The full 1841 Census of Sawtry is available as fiche set C111.
The full 1851 Census of Sawtry is available as fiche set C61.
A Surname Index of the 1881 Census of the Huntingdon Registration District, in which Sawtry (St.) Judith was enumerated (RG11/1601, Folios 58a - 62b), and which took place on 3rd April 1881, is available as fiche set C3.
A full transcription of the 1891 Census of the Sawtry sub-District of the Huntingdon Registration District (RG12/1235) in which Sawtry (St.) Judith was enumerated, and which took place on 5th April 1891, has also been produced by the Huntingdonshire FHS (as Fiche C-7).