"SAWTRY JUDITH, an extra parochial place, in the hundred of Norman Cross, county Huntingdon, 4 miles south-east of Stilton. It was formerly a separate parish, but is now annexed to Sawtry All Saints. A Cistercian abbey was founded here in 1146 by Simeon de St. Liz, Earl of Northampton, which flourished till the Dissolution, when its revenue was returned at £141 3s. 8d., and the site given to the Cromwells. It includes a large tract of woodland, chiefly oak, called Monks' Wood. The church has long been demolished. Roman urns and other antiquities were found here in 1772.