[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"SAWTRY ST. ANDREW, (or Beaumes), a parish in the hundred of Norman Cross, county Huntingdon, 3½ miles south-east of Stilton. The village, which is small and wholly agricultural, is situated on the road from Huntingdon to Peterborough. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment under an Enclosure Act in 1804, and the glebe comprises 200 acres. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £169. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is an ancient structure. The Wesleyans have a place of worship.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013