GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Huntingdonshire Huntingdonshire   NeighboursNearby places

SPALDWICK

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"SPALDWICK, a parish in the hundred of Leightonstone, county Huntingdon, 4 miles east of Kimbolton, its post town, and 7 north-west of Huntingdon. It is a small, well-built village, situated on a branch of the river Ouse, and on the road from Cambridge to Northampton. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £96, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. James. The parochial charities produce about £18 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes. The Baptists have a place of worship. The Duke of Manchester is lord of the manor. Fairs are held on Whit Monday and 28th November."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010

Cemeteries

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Civil Registration

Description and Travel

Gazetteers

Maps

Military History

Names (Geographical)

Poorhouses and Poor Law Etc

Population

This page was originally generated by Ian Argall maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014