[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"WINWICK, a parish partly in the hundred of Leightonstone, county Hunts, and partly in that of Polebrook, county Northampton, 7 miles south-east of Oundle, and 12 north-west of Huntingdon. The village is situated about 4 miles off the road from Oundle to Huntingdon, on the borders of Northamptonshire. The soil is clayey. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £70. The church, dedicated to All Saints, has been recently repaired. The charities, including Ruff's bequest for the poor, produce about £20 per annum."
A surname index of the 1881 Census of the Oundle Registration District of Northamptonshire, in which Winwick was enumerated (RG11/1584, Folios 44a - 50b), and which took place on 3rd April 1881, is available as fiche set C1 from the Huntingdonshire FHS
A full transcription of the 1891 Census of the Huntingdonshire (Miscellaneous Parishes) Registration District in which Winwick was enumerated, and which took place on 5th April 1891, is available as fiche set C16 from the Huntingdonshire FHS.
The church of All Saints consists of a chancel, nave, north aisle, south trancept, south aisle, west tower and modern south porch. The walls are of coursed rubble with stone dressings, and the roofs are covered with lead and stone slates.
The church is not mentioned in the Domesday survey of 1086 but the 12th century south doorway points to a stone church of that period. The chancel, nave and south aisle were rebuilt in the middle of the 13th century, and the north arcade was formed and the aisle added about 1325. The chancel arch was rebuilt to the full width of the chancel in about 1340, and the south aisle wall were probably raised and reconstructed about the same time. The south transept was built in the early part of the 15th century, and the west tower towards the end of that century.
Early in the 16th century the clearstory was added to the nave, thje whole of the roofs were renewed and the north aisle largely rebuilt. The church was drastically restored in 1864, when the south transept, south aisle clearstory, porch and the upper part of spire were rebuilt. The spire (98 ft.) was struck by lightening on 25th June 1935, after which it was restored.
The Huntingdonshire Marriage Indexes include marriages from this parish. These are, at present, issued in alphabetical listings in series: 1601-1700, and 1701-1754, and are available from the Huntingdonshire FHS.