GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Huntingdonshire Huntingdonshire   NeighboursNearby places

WOODSTON

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"WOODSTON, (or Woodstone) a parish in the hundred of Norman Cross, county Hunts, three-quarters of a mile south-west of Peterborough. The village is situated on the river Nene, and the road from Oundle to Peterborough. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £350. The church, dedicated to St. Augustine, has been recently rebuilt. The charities produce about £50 per annum, the bequest of John and Mary Walsham in 17 28. There is a school with a small endowment. Mrs. Margaret Thompson is lady of the manor.

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010

Cemeteries

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Civil Registration

Description and Travel

Gazetteers

Maps

Names (Geographical)

Poorhouses and Poor Law Etc

Population

This page was originally generated by Ian Argall maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014