"WYTON, (or Witton) a parish in the hundred of Hurstingstone, county Hunts, 2 miles north-west of St. Ives, and 3½ east of Huntingdon. The village is situated on the river Ouse, which passes through the parish. It was for some years the residence of Horne Tooke, and Charles James Fox was married here in September, 1795. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Ely, value with the rectory of Houghton, £650. The church is dedicated to St. Margaret or to All Saints. There is a National school.