"AIGBURTH, a chapelry in Childwall parish, Lancashire; 4½ miles E of Liverpool. It has a post office under Liverpool. Pop., 1,994. Houses, 338. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £400. Patrons, Trustees. The church was built in 1853. There are Wesleyan and Roman Catholic chapels."
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)