AINTREE, a township in Sephton parish, Lancashire; on the Alt river and the Leeds canal, 6 miles NNE of Liverpool. It has a post office under Liverpool, a station on the Lancashire and Yorkshire railway, and an Episcopalian chapel; and it contains, with a grand stand built in 1830, a race-course, 1½ mile round, where the Liverpool races are run in February and July. Acres, 825. Pop., 300. Houses, 52.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Longmoor Lane, Baptist
- St Giles, Aintree Lane, Church of England
- St Peter, Warbreck Moor, Church of England
- Longmore Lane, Primitive Methodist
- Warbreck Moor, Wesleyan Methodist
- Holy Rosary, Altway , Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Aintree area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Liverpool
You can see pictures of Aintree which are provided by:gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Aintree to another place. Sefton. maps of Aintree and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ376986 (Lat/Lon: 53.480399, -2.941759), Aintree which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.