ALTCAR, a parish in Ormskirk district, Lancashire; on the river Alt, 3 miles SE of Formby r. station, and 6 WSW of Ormskirk. It includes the hamlet of Little Altcar. Post Town, Formby under Liverpool. Acres, 4,284; of which 205 are water. Real property, £5,988. Pop., 540. Houses, 82. The property is divided among a few. The surface includes some marsh. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £150. * Patron, the Earl of Sefton. The church is very good. Charities, £7.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)