ALTHAM, a township-chapelry in Whalley parish, Lancashire; on the Henburn river, near the Leeds and Liverpool canal, 1 mile N of Huncoat r. station, and 5 W of Burnley. It includes the village of Sykeside; and its Post Town is Accrington. Acres, 1,406. Real property, £2,580. Pop., 410. Houses, 75. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £150.* Patron, R. T. R. Walton, Esq. The church was almost entirely rebuilt in 1859.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)