Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
Local studies information is held at Manchester central library.
- Jersey St, Baptist
- Round House, Every Street, Baptist
- Every St, Congregational
- Every St, Independent
- All Souls, Every Street, Church of England
- St Andrew, Travis Street, Church of England
- St James the Less, Little Newton St, Church of England
- St Jude, Mill St, Church of England
- St Michael and All Angels, Angel Street, Angel Meadow, Church of England
- St Paul, Oldham Road, New Cross, Church of England
- St Peter, Blossom Street, Church of England
- Christ Church, Every Street, BibleChristian
- Trinity, Butler St, Methodist
- Great Ancoats St, Methodist Association
- Piercy St, Methodist New Connexion
- Jersey St, Primitive Methodist
- New Islington, Primitive Methodist
- Canal Street, Tent Methodist
- Beswick St, United Methodist Free Church
- Lees Street, Welsh Calvinist Methodist
- Daniel St, Wesleyan Methodist
- Wesley Hall, Great Ancoats St, Wesleyan Methodist
- Pollard Street , Body of Christ International Ministries
- Walter St, Christian Brethren
- Manchester Christian College and Assembly , Chippenham Road , Christian College
- United Manchester City Church, Every Street, Mount Zion Restoration Ministries (Pentecostal)
- Chalmers, Mill Street/Piercy St, Presbyterian
- St Alban, Fawcett Street, Roman Catholic
- St Anne, Carruthers Street (formerly Junction St), Roman Catholic
- St Joseph, Goulden Street, Roman Catholic
- St Michael, George Leigh St, Roman Catholic
- St William, Simpson St, Angel Meadow, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Ancoats area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
The Register Office covering the Ancoats area is Manchester.
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Ancoats which are provided by:
You can see the administrative areas
in which Ancoats has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ849985 (Lat/Lon: 53.482991, -2.229022), Ancoats which are provided by: