The church does not have a graveyard.
It was founded in 1859 and closed in 2004.
The mission was founded in 1859 as a chapel-of-east to Livesey Street. The church was opened on George Leigh Street in 1869. It became independent in 1875. The church was rebuilt in 1956. It was served from St Patricks from 1993 as part of the Team-Ministry and was used as a base by the Mill Hill Missionaries until 2003, when the church was closed following a compulsory purchase order
This mission was opened by the priests from St. Patrick's and looked after by them until 1875. A beginning was made with a temporary chapel in 1859. Ten years later, the church in early English style was opened, dominated by a fine east window representing the Crucifixion. The Rev. Henry Hill was made the first Rector of the struggling mission with a debt of over 5,000. In 1882, Fr. John Bramer assumed the duties of Rector.
Meanwhile, the neighbouring mission of St. Joseph's, Goulden Street, was being administered by Fr. Thomas Byrne, later made Canon. In 1887, the two missions were joined together under his direction. Canon Byrne became a well-known figure in the parish and remained Rector for twenty years until his death in 1907.
Canon Michael Ryan became Rector at that time and has remained in the parish for over forty years.
Taken from "Salford Diocese and its Catholic past", a survey by Charles A. Bolton, a Priest of the above Diocese. Published 1950 on the First Centenary for the Diocese of Salford.
Later registers at St Anne, Ancoats
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves.
The church is located at OS grid reference SJ8486098718 (Lat/Lon 53.484950,-2.229635). You can see this on maps provided by: