It was founded in 1854 and closed in 1988 and has been demolished.
Father Edmund Hogan began the mission here in 1854; his chapel was in some old factory premises situated in Ogden Street, Ashton Old Road. He laboured here for over ten years and then left for St. Mary's, Levenshulme, but died the year following.
Father Christian Huybers was here for a time. The builder of the parish was Fr. Malachy O'Callaghan, one of the best known priests in the Diocese at the time because of the temperance crusade. He was appointed in 1878, but disaster fell upon the parish in 1880, when the floor of the chapel fell in and two people were killed. Fr. O'Callaghan then toured America to appeal for his church and was thus enabled to build the present church in Park Place. The church was opened in 1885 by Bishop Vaughan, assisted by Bishop Donnelly of Dublin.
In 1899, illness forced Fr. O'Callaghan into retirement. Fr. David Power was here for some years before going to be Dean in Bury and Blackburn. The parish remembers the very long and capable Rectorship of Fr. Florence Roche, still with us though in retirement. Fr. H. Bolger and Fr. C. O'Mahoney have been parish priests in recent years and they have made various improvements.
Taken from "Salford Diocese and its Catholic past", a survey by Charles A. Bolton, a Priest of the above Diocese. Published 1950 on the First Centenary for the Diocese of Salford.