Arkholme with Cawood
ARKHOLME, a township-chapelry and a subdistrict in Lancaster district, Lancashire. The township is in Melling parish; lies on the river Lune, and on the Furness and Midland railway, 3 miles NNE of Hornby; and has a post office under Lancaster, and a r. station. Acres, 3,022. Real property, £3,424. Pop., 331. Houses, 59. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £80.* Patron, the Vicar of Melling. Charities, £14. The subdistrict comprises this township, the parish of Whittington, and part of another parish. Acres, 9,278. Pop., 910. Houses, 173.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St John the Baptist, ., Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Arkholme area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Lancaster. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Arkholme to another place. Melling. maps of Arkholme and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD585715 (Lat/Lon: 54.137660, -2.636702), Arkholme which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.