The church did not have a graveyard.
It was founded before 1849 and closed in 1967. The Church was situated with boundaries being Stockport Road, William Street (at the side of the building) and Bollington Street (to the rear). The fourth side was an open plot until pre-fabs were built during the war. The building formed three sections with the Church to the left, a section running along the back which contained small rooms and to the right was the Sunday School, in the centre was an open plot of land. During the war the Army Pay Corps used the lower section of the Sunday School as offices.
The name of the Church was originally Ryecroft Indepent Chapel. It was built in 1852, the foundation stone being laid on the 26th June 1852 by the late Abel Buckley esq. the opening taking place the following year 8th June. This structure, after the Old English style of architecture, cost no less than £5,000. The whole suite of buildings were among the finest in the parish and formed a beautiful ornament to the West end of the town.
The Church was closed on the 4th June 1967 due to extensive dry rot.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves.