Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Ashton on Ribble
Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
ASHTON-ON-RIBBLE, a chapelry in Preston parish, Lancashire; on the river Ribble, adjacent to the Wyre and Preston railway, 2 miles W of Preston. It consists of the townships of Lea, Ashton, Ingol, and Cottam. Post Town, Preston. Acres, 3,522; of which 175 are water. Real property, £9,883. Pop., 911. Houses, 176. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £106. The church was built in 1836. There are a Roman Catholic chapel and a free school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Preston
- Garden Walk, Baptist
- St Andrew, Blackpool Road, Church of England
- St Christopher, Blackpool Road, Lea, Church of England
- St Margaret, Tag Lane, Ingol, Church of England
- St Michael and All Angels, Tulketh Rd, Church of England
- Bray St, Wesleyan Methodist
- Wellington Rd, Wesleyan Methodist
- Egerton Road , Christian Brethren
- Newton Road, Ethical Spiritualist
- Newton Road, Seventh Day Adventist
- St Andrew and Blessed George Haydock, Hoyles Lane, Cottam, C
- Holy Family, Whitby Avenue, Ingol, Roman Catholic
- Our Lady and St Bernard, Elswick Road, Roman Catholic
- Sacred Heart, Beech Grove, Roman Catholic
- SS Peter and Paul, Lea Road, Savick, Roman Catholic
- St Mary, Church Park, Lea, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Ashton on Ribble area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Ashton on Ribble which are provided by:
In 1835 Ashton, Lea, Cottam and Ingol was a township in the parish of Preston
You can see the administrative areas
in which Ashton on Ribble has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD515305 (Lat/Lon: 53.768572, -2.737307), Ashton on Ribble which are provided by: